Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Communicating with Event Professionals Via Email

I thought with this week's blog post, I would give some helpful tips for communicating with your event professional via email.  This may be your wedding planner, photographer, caterer, or florist to name a few.

As an event professional, we often have a lot of email to review.  It may be a request from a new client, questions regarding your upcoming event, etc.  I have developed a system with my current clients that seem to work really well.  I start my communications with an "event name", followed by the topic of the email.  For example:  Owens-Smith Wedding: Rehearsal Dinner.  This quickly tells my client that this email is in regards to their wedding and it pertains to their rehearsal dinner.  This will allow them to determine how soon they may need to address the email.  And of course, it really helps me to organize my emails and priorities when a client replies.

Remember, your event professional is dealing with several clients at the same time.  We really want to be able to respond to you promptly.  Here are some additional tips to consider:

1.  Only put one topic in each email, as many of us now use email as a TASK LIST item (especially those of use with Type-A personalities).
2.  Keep your emails concise, wordy emails will only make us put the email aside until we have time to REALLY read it.
3.  Use a helpful subject line, it will help us to better prioritize and address your email.

I have been using this system for almost 3 years now and I know it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Our Blog

Welcome to Celebration Notes!

I hope as time passes you will come to enjoy our blog and become and avid follower.

When you visit our blog you will find:

1. Helpful tips and ideas on planning your own events and celebrations.

2. Pictures and summaries of weddings and other events that we have done.

3. A mini series called: Drama Behind the Scenes...you will want to stay tuned for this one!

Happy reading!